There is such a thing as healthy and delicious! I try to cook with fresh ingredients for the best flavor and optimal health benefits. For this reason, I like to improvise with what I already have in my pantry before they die. (I can be a little dramatic). I usually don’t know how it’s going to taste until I try it when it’s done. I simply add a few basic ingredients that I think would taste well together. This one turned out DELICIOUS, so I’m sharing it with you. You know it’s good when it barely makes it to the plate and you’re eating it directly off of the pan. My favorite part is the lightly burnt edges.
I rarely measure my ingredients, so the suggested measurements below are ballpark. Substitute and adjust as needed. I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as I do.
2 cups Baby Carrots
3 Mini Bell Peppers
1 tbsp Parsley
1 tbsp Mint
1 tbsp Basalmic Dressing
1 tbsp Olive Oil
1 tsp Garlic Powder
1/2 tsp Pepper
1/2 tsp Salt
1) Pre-heat your oven to 450 degrees.
2) Clean & slice your veggies
3) Toss the veggies in basalmic dressing & olive oil.
4) Spread your veggies on your pan evenly so that they don’t overlap.
5) Chop the parsley and mint.
6) Sprinkle your fresh cut herbs, salt, pepper and garlic power over your veggies.
7) Roast in the oven for 15 minutes.
Feel free to spice it up with a pinch of cayenne pepper or red pepper flakes. Fresh minced garlic would also go great with this recipe.